Thank you for your genuine care to those in need!
In December of 2011, we received a donation to our dental clinic from a former patient that we had seen. She was unemployed, didn’t have dental insurance, and was in major pain. Her inability to pay for treatment at a private dental office led her to the Aloha Medical Mission Dental Clinic, where she was treated right away without charge. Now employed and covered with dental insurance, she felt the need to give back so that others in a similar situation as hers could be helped.
We are an interim clinic and we perform basic dental procedures such as exams, cleanings, fillings, extractions and limited root canals. Once your oral health is deemed stable, we will refer you to a low cost comprehensive clinic.
- Clinic was developed for community members with limited or no access to dental care
- In 2002, AMM created the only no-cost dental clinic in Hawai’i on the grounds of Palama Settlement
- As of 2018, AMM treats an estimated 300 patients per month
- As of 2018, the cost to treat each patient is approximately $266 per visit and per patient is $1,000
- Paid staff includes 6 full time and 3 part-time employees
- 16 volunteer dentists alternates the dental schedule to help decrease the 3-month wait list
- We provide an important training facility with various partnerships
- Partnerships: University of Hawaii Dental Hygiene Program, Kapi’olani Community College of Dental Assisting, and Lutheran Medical Center Pediatric Dental Residency Program
- Click here to view CURRENT PICTURE of entire clinic
We know your time is valuable so to speed the process of initial patient registration we suggest the following:
BEFORE your first appointment please read all of the below and if you are able, download and print the following registration form. Also please bring a valid photo ID, MedQuest/Medicaid Card (if applicable) and proof of low-income status (1 of the 5 listed below).
Examples of valid proof of low income:
1. Pay Stubs (last 2 months which may be 4 bi-monthly pay statements) OR a copy of your most recent income tax return (the year prior Tax Form 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ)
2. A Determination Letter from the Department of Human Services (for DHS clients ONLY)
3. Social Security Notice of Award Letter
4. Unemployment Benefit Pay Stubs (most recent month)
5. If homeless/houseless, a certification from IHS or another agency (if applicable)
- Click here to download Patient Registration Form (please fill out)
- Click here for Notice of Privacy Practices (just read)
- Click here to see if your income qualifies for free services at AMM
- Credentialing and Privileging of Health Center Practitioners
We are actively recruiting for dental hygienists and volunteer dentists.