Thank you for your genuine care to those in need!
In December of 2011, we received a donation to our dental clinic from a former patient that we had seen about two years ago. She was unemployed, didn’t have dental insurance, and was in major pain. Her inability to pay for treatment at a private dental office led her to the Aloha Medical Mission Dental Clinic, where she was treated right away without charge. Now employed and covered with dental insurance, she felt the need to give back so that others in a similar situation as hers could be helped.
We are an interim clinic and we perform basic dental procedures such as exams, cleanings, fillings, and extractions. Once your oral health is deemed stable, we will refer you to a low cost comprehensive clinic.
- An estimated 475,000 residents have limited or no access to dental care
- In 2002, AMM created the only free dental clinic in Hawai’i at Palama Settlement
- Since 2002, AMM provided patients with $5.3 million in dental services
- AMM treats an estimated 140 patients per month
- Since 2002, the clinic served over 23,000 medical and dental patients
- The cost to treat each patient is approximately $223
- Paid staff includes part-time reception and two part-time dental assistants
- AMM is a volunteer driven organization with 6 volunteer dentists
- We provide an important training facility with our partnerships
- AMM has served an estimated 5,900 dental patients since 2011 to date
- Partnerships: University of Hawaii Dental Hygiene Program, Kapi’olani Community College of Dental Assisting, and Lutheran Medical Center Pediatric Dental Residency Program
We know your time is valuable so to speed the process of initial patient registration we suggest the following:
BEFORE your first appointment please read all of the below and if you are able, download and print the following registration form. Also please bring a valid photo ID, MedQuest/Medicaid Card (if applicable) and proof of low-income status (1 of the 5 listed below). Parking entrance is accessed from Palama Street.
Examples of valid proof of low income:
1. Pay Stubs (last 2 months which may be 4 bi-monthly pay statements) OR a copy of your most recent income tax return (the year prior Tax Form 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ)
2. A Determination Letter from the Department of Human Services (for DHS clients ONLY)
3. Social Security Notice of Award Letter
4. Unemployment Benefit Pay Stubs (most recent month)
5. If homeless/houseless, a certification from IHS or another agency (if applicable)
- Click here to download Patient Registration Form (please fill out)
- Click here for Notice of Privacy Practices (just read)
- AMM follows the 150% FPL guideline for the State of Hawaii
- Credentialing and Privileging of Health Center Practitioners
We are actively recruiting for dental hygienists and volunteer dentists.